- Pedal Glide Alloy 12" Balance Bike Blue$199.00 $128.00
- Pedal Glide Alloy 12" Balance Bike Pink$199.00 $128.00
- Norco Runner 10" Kids Balance Bike Blue/Blue$259.00 $174.00
- Norco Runner 10" Kids Balance Bike Red$259.00 $174.00
- Pedal Glide Alloy 12" Kids Balance Bike Gold$199.00 $128.00
- Pedal Glide Alloy 12" Kids Balance Bike Red$199.00 $128.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Blue$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Red$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Pink$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Green$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Gold$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee UltraLite 12" Balance Bike Black$269.99 $198.00
- DK Nano Kids 12" Balance Bike Ocean$209.00 $198.00
- Cruzee 12" Balance Bike Orange$269.99 $198.00
- Cruzee 12" Balance Bike Silver$269.99 $198.00
Our Range Of Kids Balance Bikes For Sale
Balance bikes are a wonderful introduction to the world of riding for kids starting from a very young age. They are a very reliable and safe way for children - those as young as 18 months all the way up to 5 years old - to begin practicing some of the most important skills when it comes to riding bikes: balance (obviously), steering and breaking.
Balance bikes are available in a 12-inch wheel size and come in a two-wheel set-up with no pedals. The lightweight design makes them easy to carry and maneuver, while the frame makes for a comfortable ride over rocks, dirt, curbs, and uneven surfaces with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the point of a balance bike?
Balance Bikes are a simple solution for young children to learn the basics of cycling. By riding a balance bike, kids can practice their balancing, coordination, maneuvering and ability to stop.
What age can a child use a balance bike?
In most cases, the earliest you may want to look at a balance bike for your child is when they’re 18 months old. Most first-time balance bike riders start between 18 months and 2 years old, however, children all the way up to the age of five can still benefit from practicing their riding skills in this way.
How do you ride a balance bike?
On their first (many) attempts, kids will generally start by standing over the bike and walking along the pathway. From here, the progression all the way up to sitting and gliding will take time and patience. Kids will go at their own pace and will stay encouraged for as long as the experience is enjoyable. The key is to get them out and about with other more experience balance bike riders so they can see how fun balance bikes can be.
When to move from a balance bike to a pedal bike?
There are no cheat codes or secret formulas to knowing exactly when a child is ready to upgrade to a pedal bike. They may be skillful on the balance bike only to struggle using pedals. However, there are a few keys signs they may be ready to advance to the next stage of riding:
- They are confident coming to a complete stop
- You’re comfortable with their awareness of their surroundings
- They can ride a fair distance in one sitting
- They demonstrate good coordination on turns, and weaving through obstacles
Kids Bikes Buying Guide
Whether it’s your kids first bike, or they’ve outgrown their old set of wheels; buying a kids bike can be difficult if you don’t know how to pick the right one.
How To Choose The Best Kids Bike For Riding To School
Forget shuttling the kids to school every morning or putting them on the bus, save the planet and help your kids get some exercise by riding to school.
Kids at Home: Keep Them Busy, and Healthy
Kids’ lives have been impacted greatly by the coronavirus crisis, and parents are busily searching for activities that help kids stay busy, active and healthy.